RE: * ! ^FROM_DAEMON: User configurable Definition?

2002-09-28 10:18:40
Alan Clifford writes:

I have long since concluded that using anything to do with
addresses to filter spam is almost always a waste of time.
By the time your mail hits the daemon test, you need to have
filtered out the spam.

Not at all my experience.  I check for MAILER_DAEMON early on
and get the mail out of the system.  But I augment the test
with what I posted a few minutes ago; IOW, I do a mini-spamcheck
at the moment I look at the DAEMON stuff.

--
Dallman Ross

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead to
anywhere."
        Thoughts of Rev. Sunnan Kubose, from _Zen in the Markets_