Re: deb-user filter recipe

2002-10-14 12:30:27
On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 09:41:15AM -0700 or thereabouts, Professional Software
Engineering wrote:

Here's what I've got so far:

#deb-user
:0
* ^X-Mailing-List:.*debian-user
        * ^Subject: unsubscribe
        /dev/null

        :0:
        debian-user
}

That all looks just fine, and if that's a first crack, congratulations -
that's pretty much EXACTLY as you'd write it, excepting, as per Stephan's
suggestion, you probably want to expand your unsub regexp.  For instance:

* ^Subject:.*(un[- ]?subscribe|remove me)

which would catch several variations on the theme.

That's pretty slick Sean.  Building up this, if I wanted to make the above
relavent to all subscribed lists, could I not modify it as such?

:O HBhb:
/dev/null

--
Best regards,
Gary

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?.