Re: deb-user filter recipe

2002-10-14 00:08:03
I'm brand-new to procmail myself, but I understand that it does indeed
ignore case when searching for your regex's. So your line there is perfectly
legal and will match "Subject: unsubSCRIBE", "SUBJECT: Unsubscribe", and
"Subject: uNSUBSCRIBE me from this horrible list of users of a wacky
homemade sys5-style distro so I can join the slackware list!". If you did
for some reason want it to pay attention to case, use the 'D' flag after 0,
as mentioned on lines 96 and 97 of 'man procmailrc'. Anyway, you might want
to throw in the standard ".*" in between "Subject:" and "unsubscribe", in
case a wacky mua out there uses 0 or more than 1 space, or if the dweeb says
something like "PLEASE unsubscribe". Your style looks fine though, but
again, I'm a n00b too (in fact I just set it up tonight for the first time).

HTH,

--Stephan

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 01:44:08AM -0500, Nick Traxler spanked upon the
buttocks of Barbie in Morse Code:

Hi, this is my first post to the procmail list. Very nice program.
Here's what I'm trying to do: I'd like to take all the messages on
debian-user that have a subject of 'unsubscribe' with any capitalization
and toss them in /dev/null. The rest of the list traffic should go in
'debian-user'.
Here's what I've got so far:

#deb-user
:0
* ^X-Mailing-List:.*debian-user
        * ^Subject: unsubscribe
        /dev/null

        :0:
        debian-user
}

Now, I'm not sure how to make unsubscribe match 'Unsubscribe' or
'UNSUBSCRIBE'. Also, there's probably a simpler way to do the whole
recipe. (This is a first draft.)

Please don't 'dude, RTFM' me. I've not really found a good starting
point for procmail questions. For instance,
http://mutt.blackfish.org.uk/ is a great introduction to mutt.

Thanks in advance for tips.
--
Nick