Re: deb-user filter recipe

2002-10-14 13:34:32
relavent to all subscribed lists, could I not modify it as such?

:O HBhb:
*  ^Subject:.*(un[- ]?subscribe|remove me)
/dev/null

hb is redundant with the default.  'HB' isn't proper either, in that I
doubt you want to scan _bodies_ for this, and 'H' is the default to begin
with.  Also, there's no need to LOCK output to /dev/null, and finally,
that's an OH you have, not a ZERO, and it needs to be the latter.

Right, understand with the B, although I do have some recipes that I want
everything to be looked at so that it goes in the bit bucket.. Don't know
why I locked output... I don't even use lock files as I use Maildir and
safecat..  thanks for your good eye.

:0
* ^Subject:.*(un[- ]?subscribe|remove (me|my address))
/dev/null

would work just fine.  I'd really advise adding a lockflag and outputting
to a file instead, so that you can recover from mistakes though.  Nothing
like tossing messages, possibly including unsubscribe confirmations of your
own...

Yes, I am building a sandbox as you described.  I have been using procmail
for years, but recently have taken an interest in building additional, if
not more complex recipes.  It is really fun to play with.

Thanks again.
--
Best regards,
Gary