RE: Environment Variable Set By Procmail With The Condition Matched?

2002-10-21 13:31:18
From: Todd Goodman [mailto:tgoodman(_at_)sonusnet(_dot_)com]

Thanks.  That does mean that I have to come up with a unique
identifier in my autogenerated action (which I was hoping not to do.)

Also, it means that ever condition is going to be evaluated for each
message too, right?

No.  I do that on purpose, but you certainly don't have to.

    :0
    * other conditions
    { RX = "${RX:+$RX, }103" }

Etc.

Then, below:

    :0 fhw
    * RX ?? .
    | formail -I"X-Recipe: $RX"

Just change each recipe to:

        :0
        * other conditions
        { RX = "${RX:+$RX, }103" }

Then it will only run if RX has not yet been set in a previous recipe.

--
Dallman Ross

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead to
anywhere."
        Thoughts of Rev. Sunnan Kubose, from _Zen in the Markets_