Re: More "missing first F" problems

2002-10-25 08:26:18
On 25 Oct, Robert Nicholson wrote:
| For anybody interested in researching this problem further.
|
| ie. those are aren't in a position to upgrade past 3.21.
|
| spamassassin procmailrc code has the following comment
|
| # Work around procmail bug: any output on stderr will cause the "F" in
| "From"
| # to be dropped.  This will re-add it.
|
| Does anybody know if procmail outputs to stderr if a filter returns a
| non zero exit status?
| [...]

I believe if any external program (filtering or not) outputs to stderr,
then procmail writes that output to LOGFILE.  I use that in at least
one place where I do "grep whatever 1>&2" to see that match in LOGFILE.
I also use it in a couple of perl scripts (i.e warn "whatever") to
generate writes to LOGFILE.

--
Reply to list please, or append "8" to "procmail" in address if you must.
Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.