Re: More "missing first F" problems

2002-10-25 07:51:32
For anybody interested in researching this problem further.

ie. those are aren't in a position to upgrade past 3.21.

spamassassin procmailrc code has the following comment

# Work around procmail bug: any output on stderr will cause the "F" in "From"
# to be dropped.  This will re-add it.

Does anybody know if procmail outputs to stderr if a filter returns a non zero exit status?

Is that the "Recovered from filter failure..." message or some such?

My latest test shows that if my filter ie. perl script returns a 0 exit status the message will go through fine. If however, it travels down the logic path that returns a 1 exit status then
it will always chop off the leading "F"

I'm wondering if procmail writes to stderr when a filter exists with a non zero exit status.