Re: unexpected regexp handling - looks like a procmail bug

2002-10-25 07:17:48
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 01:48:20 -0500, "David W. Tamkin" wrote:
=> \< and \> can match a newline.  If you want to be positive
=> that the regexp doesn't cross a newline, you can't use them.

        In other words, do not use either one of them in working
with *headers* unless you specifically want to include the
following header in testing the remainder of your condition?

        Wow, that one sure blindsided me.  Wonder what un-noticed
consequenses that's had in my usage ... Sure changes the way I
look at the generalized condition:
* ^specific_header:(.*/<)?sometext

        Thanks for the clarification.  I'm now off to repair and
replace almost all of my </ and /> usage.

        Cheers,

        - Don