Re: unexpected regexp handling - looks like a procmail bug

2002-10-24 23:58:32
Sean is puzzled because

| * ^Subject:.*\<test(ing)?\>.*(AOL|HTML)

matches if the subject ends in "test" and "aol" appears on the next line.

| I don't think I've boffed the regexp - it seems that this is a real bug.

No, it's no bug.  Read the fluffy procmailrc(5) manual: \< and \> can match a
newline.  If you want to be positive that the regexp doesn't cross a newline,
you can't use them.  You need to use something like [^a-z0-9], which cannot
match a newline.