Auto Mailing Lists

2002-11-14 08:31:30
Hi All,

Every time a user subscribes to a Mailing list they will use
lists(_dot_)[ListNameHere](_dot_)UserName(_at_)MyDomain(_dot_)com
I will use Postfix virtual_map tables to ensure that "Username" is used to map
to each user on the box, but here's where I need help from the procmail boys :)

I would like to then use procmail to place the mail destined for the [ListName]
into a separate mail file.
So for example, when subscribing to the procmail list, I would use
lists(_dot_)Procmail(_dot_)wfitzgerald(_at_)MyDomain(_dot_)com
When the email arrives, Postfix know then mail is destined for wfitzgerald, as
that is what it end in and the local procmail rules for wfitzgerald then place
the message in /home/wfitzgerald/Mail/MailingLists/Procmail

I don't understand how I can use the [ListNameHere] part of the address as a
variable in my recipe. I would imagine it would look something like this :

:0:
* ^lists\(_dot_)*(_dot_)wfitzgerald(_at_)MyDomain(_dot_)com
MailingLists/$1

Can someone please point in in the right direction.

Thanks
Warrick FitzGerald