Re: unsubscribe instructions

2002-11-20 10:31:01
At 11:23 AM -0500 11/20/02, Tony L. Svanstrom is rumored to have typed:

 Strange, everyone can see the problem, but no one on this mailfilter-
mailinglist can see the obvious solution...

   I certainly can; the obvious solution is for people to use the correct
methodology. If I tell you, "Call me at 555/123-4567" would it make sense for
you to say, "No, I'll call 555/098-7654 and you'd better be there?"

   SmartList _does_ redirect most un/subscribe messages targeted to the list
address (although it has problems with some MIME messages), so I see this
less on my lists than on this one. Doesn't change that the fundamental flaw
is not the software, but the human's inability to follow clear instructions.

         Charlie (who will stop posting on this thread now, since Justin's
                   right...it's wildly off-topic, and I should know better)