Re: From_ and From:

2002-11-21 14:35:50
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Tom Allison wrote:

TA> If I am going to make a blacklist to block spam.  Which is the
TA> correct tag to use?
TA>
TA> 99.99% of the same they are identical.  I will assume that this is
TA> not exactly going to be 100% identical though they should be...
TA>
TA> Is there any one which is better than the other?
TA> If some is forging headers, what do you look for?

I started to collect from and _from headers in my spam prior to installing
a black list.  I never did install the black list because the repeat rate
was so low.

Do not filter out unwanted emails.  Filter in wanted emails.  It's an
attitude of mind rather than a rule.

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )