an attitude of mind (Was: From_ and From:)

2002-11-22 03:38:05
On 21 Nov 2002 Alan Clifford (lists(_at_)clifford(_dot_)ac) wrote:

I started to collect from and _from headers in my spam prior to installing
a black list.  I never did install the black list because the repeat rate
was so low.

Do not filter out unwanted emails.  Filter in wanted emails.  It's an
attitude of mind rather than a rule.

Yes, it's a philosophical stance, a way of being, the secret to
happiness, and the motivation behind this page of mine:

 Reverse Spam Filtering: Winning Without Fighting
 <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/spam/>

where I start out with this quote:

 Therefore, one hundred victories in one
       hundred battles is not the most skillful.
 Subduing the other's military without battle
       is the most skillful.

            --The Art of War by Sun Tzu, Chapter 3

If anyone knows of any other good quotes related to this way of
being, or of tools that help one be this way in the email world
(or the world in general), please let me know and I'll add them
to my page and thank you and link to you.

Thanks,
Nancy

--
       PROCMAIL  <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/>