Re: an attitude of mind (Was: From_ and From:)

2002-11-22 13:20:37
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Nancy McGough wrote:

NM> On 21 Nov 2002 Alan Clifford (lists(_at_)clifford(_dot_)ac) wrote:
NM> >
NM> > Do not filter out unwanted emails.  Filter in wanted emails.  It's an
NM> > attitude of mind rather than a rule.
NM>
NM>
NM> Yes, it's a philosophical stance, a way of being, the secret to
NM> happiness, and the motivation behind this page of mine:
NM>
NM>  Reverse Spam Filtering: Winning Without Fighting
NM>  <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/spam/>

I haven't gone as far a you have I think.  I have a bit of a quandry with,
for instance, viruses.  If a virus sends me an email, masquerading as
someone who is in my whitelist, then I do not want to let it in.  That
means physically filtering on "what to keep out" before filtering "what to
let in" even if I'm philosphically trying to do it the other way around.

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )