Re: outbound email

2002-11-25 17:57:53
Tony L. Svanstrom wrote:
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 the voices made Tom Allison write:

Can someone please explain how to use procmail to filter outbound
email?  I've heard about this [rumour] a few times and would like
to at least dispell with the mythology and see what can be done
with this for real.

 The way I'm doing it is that I let Pine hand the e-mail directly to Procmail,
which then hands it to Sendmail.

 In your .pinerc it's the sendmail-path you're interested in; and you're
setting it to Procmail, with a special outgoing file.

 The most basic version of such a file is this:

SHELL=/bin/sh
:0w
        | asdf/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -oem -t
EXITCODE=$?

        /Tony

I'm a little limited in what I can do here.

I think the eventual configuration is going to be postfix running as a proxy/relay for an Exchange (yuck!) box until such time as the entire group can be migrated to what will likely be LTSP terminals and remote linux notebooks.

But until then, .pinerc won't do me much good.

Thanks though, it gives me an idea or two.

--
The eternal feminine draws us upward.
                -- Goethe