Re: generic executable recipes go to trash?

2003-01-06 11:43:46
On Mon, 06 Jan 2003, "Tony L. Svanstrom"wrote:
=>  If you find that a lil bit too extreme just search for the commentified
=> headers, and then have an external program remove the comments before
filtering
=> the rest of the e-mail.

        I think Nikos raises an excellent question. From the URL
he provided:
        "... it appears that a number of developers have
overlooked one significant sentence: 'All header fields defined
in this document, including MIME-Version, Content-type, etc., are
subject to the general syntactic rules for header fields
specified in RFC 822. In particular, all can include
comments'..."

        This would seem to potentially impact every header
conditional test. It certainly makes finding active content a lot
harder with the current recipes already posted earlier in the
list.

        Can anyone come up with a generalized condition that will
select Content-type headers which have beem masked this way
without affecting legal stuff passing thru? and/or an external
that strips the comments out (sorry, I'm a bit externally
impared).

        TIA,

        - Don