Re: ATTN ADMINS: Web Page needs unsubscribe instructions!

2003-01-07 13:53:17
Charles Gregory <cgregory(_at_)hwcn(_dot_)org> wrote:

Just because I'm a 'benefit of the doubt' kind of guy, I tried the more
obvious web link at the bottom of each message, and discovered that the
page it links to does not include UNsubscribe instructions.

Well, yes, it does.

To change your subscription (set options like digest and delivery
modes, get a reminder of your password, or unsubscribe from procmail),
enter your subscription email address:

That's from near the bottom of the page.  I'll agree that it perhaps should
be moved to a more prominent place.

never before seen list usage instructions buried in hidden headers.

I haven't really looked, so don't know how common it is.

They aren't buried for me when I view the list in Berkeley Mail.
Otoh, many recent posters' messages are not visible in Mail, because
they are using MIME encoding; and I have to enter vi to see what they
have written.

--
dman