Re: help with scoring & size condition

2003-01-10 17:38:54
I'm having a problem with a scoring recipe, in which
I want one of the conditions to hinge on the message
size.   Let's say i want to match messages greater
than 5000 bytes (temporarily ignoring the other scoring
conditions):

:0
* -1^0
*  2^0 > 5000
{
    LOG="SIZE GREATER THAN 5000${NEWLINE}"
}

In fact I can't find a message, no matter how large or small,
that will not match that recipe.  Am i doing something wrong?

I fell for the same issue a couple of months ago.  It seems
to be an area of procmail that is not at all well-documented

It's actually documented in an example in the scoring page:

    $ man procmailsc

            [ ... ]
              * -100^3   > 2000
              priority_folder

but doesn't work.

An alternative to dman's suggestion *might* (depending on just what
you're hoping to do) be to do something like:

  BIGSTUFF
  :0
  * HB ?? > 5000
  { BIGSTUFF=1 }

  :0
  * -1^0
  * 2^0 BIGSTUFF ?? ^^1^^
  {
    LOG="SIZE GREATER THAN 5000${NEWLINE}"

Martin McCarthy                 /</    http://procmail.non-prophet.org
    `Procmail Companion'        \>\
     Addison Wesley             /</                  PGP key available