Redux: killing list noise

2003-01-11 18:17:02
I've managed to put the latest forays in syntax (see today's
thread called "Re: help with scoring & size condition") together
into an improved version of my recipe to kill list noise.
Thanks, David Tamkin, for the "1^1 > 1" stuff, which seems
to be the coupe de grace for it.  Here's what I now have,
using my "bounce off the supremum" algorithm:

  :0:  # 030112 () if body within limits, delete instances of list noise
   *                           SUBJECT  ??  ()\<(remove|unsubscribe)\>
   *                         ! SUBJECT  ??  ^^(Fw(d)?|Re):
   *                  850^0    CTYPE    ??  (html|multipart)
   *                  500^0  ! CTYPE    ??  (html|multipart)
   * $         -$SUPREMUM^0
   *    B  ??          -1^1  > 1
   * $          $SUPREMUM^0
   $TRASH/listnoise

As I wrote yesterday,

Be careful: "$SUBJECT" and "$CTYPE" are private variables of
mine -- as is "$TRASH".  I have defined them earlier in
my rc to the contents of Subject:, Content-Type:, and
space under /var/tmp, respectively.

And let's now add "$SUPREMUM", which is set to (but not
beyond) the "infinity" value in the procmailsc man pages.

--
Dallman Ross

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead to
anywhere."
        Thoughts of Rev. Sunnan Kubose, from _Zen in the Markets_