Re: Redux: killing list noise

2003-01-12 03:24:40
From dattier(_at_)panix(_dot_)com  Sun Jan 12 05:27:23 2003
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)panix(_dot_)com>
To: "Dallman Ross" <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com>,
<procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE>
Subject: Re: Redux: killing list noise
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:50:12 -0600

|    *                  850^0    CTYPE    ??  (html|multipart)
|    *                  500^0  ! CTYPE    ??  (html|multipart)

Dallman, why not

  * 500^0
  * 350^0 CTYPE ?? (html|multipart)

Scanning a variable isn't as much work for procmail as scanning the entire
head, the whole body, or the complete message, but still it's a little bit
that can be saved.

You're absolutely right.  The "reason" I have is merely that it was
late at night and my brain was addled.  I have a self-imposed 2 a.m.
curfew, and I was already a couple of minutes over.  Okay, it's mostly
"girlfriend-imposed"; but I wouldn't want to piss her off needlessly. :-)
I was happy enough to have been able to apply the "infinity bounce,"
in any case.  But I will adopt your improvement.  Thanks, David.

Meanwhile, I woke up inspired, because I have a further extension of
the "infinity bounce" (IB) in mind.  I'll document it and send it in
shortly.

--
dman