Re: strlen() in procmail

2003-01-15 19:34:53
| Not that it matters at this point, but by "minimally" I meant "such that
| the prefix of the search space required to find a match [for any of the
| alternatives] is the shortest such prefix."  I could have said "non-
| greedily" but I was trying to avoid "greed" for some reason.

Still, Bart, that is different from what I had in mind, and still, you found
the solution.  Maybe the reason you're trying to avoid greed is that it's one
of Catholicism's seven deadly sins?

| I think it's pretty obvious that he typed "cat" when he meant "echo".
| He's answering the question "How do you save the value of $= without
| using a temporary variable?" in the stupidest possible way.

Absolutely.  LOG="$=
" would have stored it much more efficiently, and all the same would have had
nothing to do with your goal.

The ironic part is that after having spent the afternoon ragging on him over
those typos and "cat" for "echo" I'm going to need his help later.  Serves me
right, huh?