Stripping multiple lines out of Body

2003-01-16 07:41:58
I have a mailing list (Topica) that appends 8 lines of crap:

==^========= etc
This email was sent to: kremels(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com

Or send an email to: TEL-unsubscribe(_at_)topica(_dot_)com

here
==^===== etc

So, I started this email about 6 hours ago...

I finally got the sed expression sussed out and I have everything working to remove these lines:

:0fbW
* ^List-Help:(.*\<).*topica.com/lists/tel/
| sed -e '/^\=\=^=/d' \
      -e '/This email was sent to: kremels(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com/d' \
-e '/EASY UNSUBSCRIBE click here: http://topica.com/u/?aaP7Ft.bWenR5.a3JlbWVs/d' \
      -e '/Or send an email to: TEL-unsubscribe(_at_)topica(_dot_)com/d' \
      -e '/TOPICA - Start your own email discussion group. FREE!/d' \
      -e '/http://www.topica.com/partner/tag02/create/index2.html/d' \

The lines are predicatable, as far as I can see so far. If the URL changes I can always shorten up that line.

So why am I still posting?

Well, first off, this seems ugly. It also leaves the blank lines that appear in between these.

I was hoping there was a way to do something like:

sed -e /^\=\=^=[anything, including newlines]^\=\=^=/d

Second off, maybe someone else out there reading the list has a situation something like this and will find this recipe at least somewhat useful.

--
"As God as my witness, I though turkey's could fly," Arthur Carlson, WKRP in Cincinnati