Re: The From separator in mbox files is being lost

2003-01-17 07:19:39
On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 12:44 AM, Andrew Morton wrote:
I have a feeling this is an ancient bug, but it's back...

Er.. truncated "From " to "rom " is an old bug.

I am delivering email from fetchmail into procmail, and procmail is placing
the mail into files in my home directory.

Since I installed Red Hat 8.0, some mailbox files are getting corrupted: the "^From " separator is getting lost. For example:

That I've never seen. Are you sure you aren't accidently stripping it out?

--
"Hi Dad!  It's 3am, do you know where I am?"