Re: date filtering of old messages

2003-01-22 04:56:50
pierre(_dot_)fridez(_at_)aiub(_dot_)unibe(_dot_)ch wrote:

I'd like to filter messages in my inbox according to date, i.e.,
automatically delete messages that are older than a given number of days.
I'm faced with two problems here :
a) how to filter messages that are already in my inbox
b) how to write up a suitable condition regarding the "age" of messages

Regarding a) I am wondering, if there is no other way than to move away
my mailbox, feed it to procmail, and have procmail recreate the mailbox,
because I see (maybe wrongly) the risk of loosing my mailbox, if
anything goes wrong between the moving step and procmail's rewriting of
the mailbox..

Regarding b) maybe someone already has a recipe for this (detecting
messages older than "today minus nn days"?

It looks like your User Agent is Mozilla 5.  I'm guessing if you click
on the Date heading, in your inbox-messages-display, the messages will
be arranged by either newest or oldest date.  Look at the date column,
select the messages that are too old, then delete them or move them to
your trash folder.

HTH,
Mike