Re: Spammish?

2003-02-15 20:15:07

Professional Software Engineering said:
At 16:05 2003-02-15 -0500, fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org wrote:
The only "body" recipe I have is for Nigerian Scam messages.  It's also
the only scoring recipe I have - and it works well; although I've had
to tweak it twice in the past month.

I personally save body scanning reciped until the end of my spam
checks,  since they're potentially so much more costly.  Yes, I have to
tweak my  nigerian spam recipe every so often as well.  Different
"offical" offices,  countries, and other keywords.

I was wondering, has anyone ever determined the actual PURPOSE of this
particular scam? If you actually contact them do they eventually ask for
cash as a "guarantee" of your sincerity?

'74 Passenger Bus
'69 Bug -- AirBall the Rolling Basket Case
http://www.phorce1.com