Re: Spammish?

2003-02-16 06:59:28
fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org wrote:

The only "body" recipe I have is for Nigerian Scam messages.  It's
also the only scoring recipe I have - and it works well; although
I've had to tweak it twice in the past month.

Most of those are caught by (even the most cautious) DNSBLs.

Don't think I've ever seen a message with less than three Received:
headers.

Ignore the familiar recent ones, then start counting.

Ok.  Currently I use LOG to record the "rule" that identifies a
message as spam.  Looks something like:

      3 SPAM: ADV - Subject: begins with ADV:
[...]
     16 SPAM: MSGID - pattern 04 - nnnnnnnnnn.nnn(n|nn|nnn)@

What you could do is concatenate a letter to a variable, like
  { SPAMRATE=$SPAMRATE"G" }
where each letter stands for some feature or severity. An 'A' could
mean: strong evidence against spam, a 'Z' would then mean: certainly
spam.
Later on you could test (in an easily configurable way) to which
heaven or hell to send the message, by using conditions with letter
ranges.

--
Affijn, Ruud