Re: Spammish? (cumulative scoring methods)

2003-02-18 14:33:17
At 13:50 2003-02-17 +0100, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
Yes, because mail does not always reach you in the same way. You might
have a setup with bSMTP and fetchmail, for instance. Or the number of
Received-headers that your ISP adds, might change by which of their
services you select. Or by some temporary situation with your ISP's
mail hosts. Etc.

Involvement of backup MX is a + to spammishness in my book. Main MX is rarely ever down, and backup is often used by spammers for insertion (in attempt to bypass DNSBLs).

> BTW, this is an easy way to do simple additive math for the carryover
> score [...]  Imagine assigning each letter a point value [...]
> A = 1, B = 5, C = 10, D = 25, E = 50, F = 100, (etc)

Or A=1, B=2, C=8, D=16, ... (powers of 2)

FTR, ya missed 4.

Or A=1, B=2, C=5, D=10, E=20, F=50, G=100, ... (Euro-coins)

The chief idea is to offer some granularity. Precisely how you achieve that is up to you.