Re: Spammish?

2003-02-16 12:47:52
At 11:20 2003-02-16 -0500, fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org wrote:
I'm not really thrilled with the information I'm getting in this
evolution; however, I *will* be able to identify (after a couple of weeks)
any recipes I have that just don't get used.  I can then either retire the
recipe or figure out why it's not doing anything and rewrite it.
[snippage - the world needs more snippage]

Save your spam. Take your spam filters and run them in a sandbox pumping the spam at them:

formail -s procmail -m sandbox.rc < saved.spam.mbx

Then review ther generated logs.

You can also throw legitimate email at the filters, to check for misfiled messages.

By doing this, you can draft up a recipe and _immediatley_ see what it's effect on email would be, rather than waiting until you get new mail in that will trigger it.