Re: Spammish?

2003-02-15 18:21:41
Damn!  Does everybody have cabin fever or what!??

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Tony L. Svanstrom wrote:

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 the voices made fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org write:

I object to the use of blacklists I don't personally control. (I
understand Spamassassin also uses rules, etc.; but the use of blacklists
turns me off.  I've been told the blacklists can be turned off; but the we
have procmail running inside of procmail (sorta)) :)

 Go have a look at the software before you start talking about it as if you
know it, SA is much more advanced than anything you could ever write in pure
procmail.

I thought I had written this specifically to show that I had no first-hand
knowledge of the software - terms like "I understand" and "I've been
told."  So, to make it perfectly clear - no, I've never seen the product
in use.  The website claims that the product uses blacklists *AND* that it
uses heuristics and rules.  And I'd be the first to admit that Alfred E.
Newman could probably write better procmail recipes than I could.

That better?

(BTW, yeah, I know, my personlity sucks, that's one reason why you might want
to start using blacklists... ;-))

And your personality has what to do with the price of rice in China?  That
type of blacklist, I believe, is called a "twit filter" - and you gotta do
better than this to make it into mine. :)

Regards,
                                - fleet -