RE: Wierd formatting

2003-02-25 23:10:00
Please _confirm_ that at your end, with the source files.  That's
the point
of suggesting that you make _two_ backup mailboxes and open _one_ of them
in PINE and then _compare_ the two boxes.  Determine _exactly_ what is
different, and then you can go about writing something to transform the
messages.  Without that step - and confirming for sure what is different,
anything we do here is a waste of time.

I've set up the recipe and am just waiting for a message to test it.

Keep in mind that DOS (and Windows) use a different linebreak format than
unix, which in turn uses a different linebreak format than
Macintosh.  While email is supposed to be standardized, there are
plenty of
non-compliant MTAs out there, as well as MUAs.  OutBreak may be
choking on
that in some fashion.

If I took a wild _guess_ (which is all I can do, because anything you
forward to the list has, in some way, been altered by your MUA), I might
figure that the list in question is being sent out with MAC
linebreaks, and
PINE may be seeing those and quietly fixing them, whereas OutBreak might
perfer to choke rather than try to cope with them.

In the event that it is such, is there an Outlook setting to fix it?  I can
make the adjustment and see if that affects anything.

Phuc "Paul" Tram