Re: How to tell promail to stop processing recipes?

2003-03-07 17:42:20
multimedia-fan(_at_)myrealbox(_dot_)com, who didn't sign a name, asked,

| is there a command that tells procmail to stop processing further
| recipes from within this recipe, after the conditions are met?

I have no idea of what you mean by "from within this recipe."  Recipes are not
within other recipes.

However, by default, matching the conditions on a delivering recipe will make
procmail execute that recipe's action line and stop.  That probably makes you
ask what a "delivering recipe" is.  OK then ...

If you go through the man pages there should be some explanation of
non-delivering recipes.  Those that have a `c' flag to deliver only a copy
while still processing the original; those that have an `f' flag to modify the
message through a filter; those whose action line is of the form
VARIABLE=|command action to set a variable; and those whose action is to open
a left brace are typical non-delivering recipes.  Procmail will keep going
after handling one of those.  Anything else is a delivering recipe, and if it
matches and procmail accomplishes the action successfully, procmail will
consider the message delivered and stop reading recipes then and there.