Re: mysql & green/black list

2003-03-17 09:47:35
I've been mulling over a similar situation; only thinking along lines of a
python script and a dictionary type database.  Much smaller and fewer
resources required.

                                - fleet -

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Jason Crowe wrote:

I have my procmail filters separated into a green list, a black list, then
everything else goes through the filters (spam,virus,porn,etc). What would
like to do is move my green & black email list to MySQL. Has anyone done
this before? Are there any reasons not to do this?

Here is a section of my rc.green file that allows email in before the spam
filtering starts.

:0
*
^From:.*(@lowes.com|@wal-mart.com|@westlakehardware.com|@doitbest.com|@samsc
lub.com|@target.com|@orgill.com|@homedepot.com|@pamida.com|@mei\
jer.com|@shopko.com|@jcpenney.com|@walgreens.com|@cabelas.com|@franks.com|co
stco.com)
        $DEFAULT
}

I am afraid that this will get very unmanagable over time. I am hoping to
come away with a better idea for dealing with my green/black list.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Crowe
jcrowe(_at_)midwestglove(_dot_)com