Re: mysql & green/black list

2003-03-18 11:43:12
On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 12:54:05PM -0500, David Turley wrote:

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:15:09 -0600 Jason Crowe
<jcrowe(_at_)midwestglove(_dot_)com> wrote:

#for the blacklist
* ? ($FORMAIL -x From: -x Sender: -x Reply-To: -x Received: | $FGREP -iqf
$SPAMMERS)

# for the whitelist
* ? ($FORMAIL -x From: -x Sender: -x Resent-From: | $FGREP -iqf $FRIENDS)

Won't this only work if you have complete email addresses listed
in the $SPAMMERS & $FRIENDS list. If some cases I have blacklisted
whole domains while in others I have only black listed specific
email addresses.

I list ONLY domains in the blacklist file to block whole domains, for
obvious reasons. my whitelist file is complete emailaddresses, again
for obvious reasons.

If you put a complete address in the blacklist, only mails with the
complete address will get blocked. it's a simple (f)grep.

You really should think about employing either the -x or at least the
-w option to fgrep.

Suppose you have me, dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com, in your whitelist.  Now
suppose
that the mythical feldman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com writes you for the first time.
You wouldn't want him to be whitelisted, would you?

--
dman