Re: mysql & green/black list

2003-03-18 12:43:51

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:24:34 +0100 Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I took the email you replied to, which had my given name and email address
in the From: field, and ran that through.  Naturally, it succeeded.
Then I edited "dman@" in the From: header to "feldman@" and ran the
message through again.  It still succeeded.  Then I added the `w'
flag to fgrep in the recipe above.  It would then only work with
"dman@", not "feldman@", "goldman@", or "anything-elsedman@".

It would still pass with "string-dman@", i.e., with the hyphen;
or with a dot or other non-alphanumeric.  The -x flag is best,
but then you will have to strip out < and > from your formail
results to have a sure match.

ah, now I get ya. :-)

I'll try it and  watch some more, and work on my sed :-)