RE: mysql & green/black list

2003-03-18 17:25:42
David Turley wrote:

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:24:34 +0100 Dallman Ross
<dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com> wrote:

Then I edited "dman@" in the From: header to "feldman@" and ran the
message through again.  It still succeeded.  Then I added the `w'
flag to fgrep in the recipe above.  It would then only work with
"dman@", not "feldman@", "goldman@", or "anything-elsedman@".

ah, now I get ya. :-)

I'll try it and  watch some more, and work on my sed :-)

Later, David said his initial tests didn't work.  I suspect I
know the reason.  If he's saving the whitelists like so:

        <address(_at_)watever(_dot_)dom>

I.e., with the angle-brackets, then certainly fgrep won't look
past the angle brackets.  However, since such brackets are not
requisite as parts of email addresses, and since not all mail
clients use them, I would not recommend having them in the whitelist
file.

Regards,
Dallman Ross