RE: What is the best way?

2003-04-02 11:12:43
At 11:55 2003-04-02 +0100, Stuart O'Reilly did say:
had a look around google and says to use the .qmail-default file and a
procmailrc file in
/home/vpopmail/domain1.com/username/Maildir but I can't find anything on
how users
can edit this. All users are virtual users therefore they don't have
shell access.

Then, you'll need to provide them with something like a web management interface for your users (wherein the webserver could update the files).

Before you ask, no, procmail doesn't include one.

You could set up something whereby users could _email_ their updated procmailrc, either to a system address, or to themselves (you could manage it from within an /etc/procmailrc, or a wrapper around the user's actual procmailrc file). An issue would be confirming the change - probably the easiest way would be to have the system then mail the user with a "you've requested the following change, please confirm with this magic number..." Of course, if they've got a bodged procmailrc, they may never see it, and if you bypass their procmailrc to deposit directly into their mailspool, they might not receive it because their procmailrc may be forwarding messages elsewhere.