Re: Grepping body of message

2003-04-23 12:31:57
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 01:21:19PM -0500, Kim Scarborough wrote:
I'd like to trim down the messages I do get by grepping for foo|bar in
the body of the message and having only that display in the body. The
problem is that just piping it through grep will remove my headers,
too, which I obviously don't want. I thought maybe I could use formail
to grab the headers, then run the message through grep, and re-prepend
the captured headers to the truncated body, but that seems difficult

No need to get that complicated.  Use the b flag with a filter:

        :0 bfw
        * your conditions

--
dman