RE: Best spam scoring system for domain's mail

2003-05-01 11:35:28
I think that looks like what I'll do too.  Looks like mailscanner can strip
off executables and do virus scanning and then SpamAssasin can score the
incoming e-mail and then delete some in an attempt to at least get rid of
the most flagrant cases of "inappropriate" e-mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE]On Behalf Of
Richard
Ibbotson
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 8:38 AM
To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: Best spam scoring system for domain's mail

Hi

How about mailscanner (www.mailscanner.info)?  Another guy at the
office just mentioned that one to me this AM.  He has installed
that one in the past.

I was going to mention this but didn't.  Seems that the above with
Spam Assassin is good but so far I haven't been able to get it to
work :)

I think in my own case it a combination of the wrong distribution and
some other factors - such as - I haven't configured it before.

--
Richard
www.sheflug.co.uk