Re: Executing external cmds via procmail

2003-05-06 13:47:13
On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 10:48:24AM -0400, Paul Chvostek wrote:
If you want it to continue, you need to add the "c" flag to tell it to
"continue".  And if filename.txt isn't unique per message, you probably want
to lock it, so:

Minor nit-pick here: the "c" is for "copy" not "continue". Procmail makes a
clone of the running process which continues with the next recipe, while the
original process delivers the message and terminates.
This is important in that with c, the message as seen by the next recipe is
NOT affected by the recipe with the c flag (it is a copy of that message). If
the recipe with the c flag is to do something with that message, and the
subsequent messages should work on the results, you want the "f" flag
("filter")
Also, the "w" flag on a recipe wich delivers to a file doesn't make sense.
There's nothing to wait for.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       http://andrew.pure-chaos.com/resume.txt

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
I'll get my copy from the list.