Re: Executing external cmds via procmail

2003-05-07 15:27:33
On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 03:37:23PM -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
Paul Chvostek wrote:
  :0: /path/to/file.lock
  #whatever

Nope, won't work.  You can't put a local lockfile on a brace opening,
even with a name, unless you're launching a clone.

Why not?  Is it documented somewhere?  Is there subtle logic involved
that is hidden from me at my current caffeine levels, or is it merely
one of those wacky weirdnesses that plagues half of everything I write?

If "/path/to/file" means the same file both times, we need a regional
lockfile:

Perfect.  Yes.

--
  Paul Chvostek