Re: Undesirable characters in subject text

2003-05-27 12:37:01
At 11:44 2003-05-27 -0700, procmail(_at_)deliberate(_dot_)net did say:

        A haunting thought is that somehow the asterisks are
legal but inducing some strange activity when I echo the file
record????

Have you considered invoking this at a commandline. Do you know that the shell will automatically expand wildcards?

Try:

        echo * * You're Approved * *

That single apostraphe can be a problem for you as well, so try:

        echo * * You\'re Approved * *

vs:

        echo "* * You're Approved * *"

Notice any GLARING differences in the output? Try changing directories when you do this too.