Re: Autoresponder rules

2003-06-02 13:28:06
On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 14:09, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 13:13 2003-06-02 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. did say:

I implemented what you suggested less the caching the senders address to
not send another auto response part.

I just want to take it one step at a time.

When you get to the next step, please refer to my previous message.

If you are referring to the vaction.rc file you included with the last
post I have saved that into a file and plan to implement it once I get
my auto responder responding again.

Could you please tell me what I did wrong to make my auto responder stop
responding.

Try running this in a SANDBOX, using a test message which you know it
should respond to, and then review the VERBOSE logfile.

I did that, and the log file shows the message being sent and that is
it. It does not seem to have anything in the log regarding the auto
response.

I am still getting familiar with Sendmail. Can you suggest a way for me
to turn the level of logging up? Or is it always on verbose?

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.