Re: Autoresponder rules

2003-06-02 14:28:23
At 16:10 2003-06-02 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. did say:

> Try running this in a SANDBOX, using a test message which you know it
> should respond to, and then review the VERBOSE logfile.

I did that, and the log file shows the message being sent and that is
it. It does not seem to have anything in the log regarding the auto
response.

If you're running this in the sandbox which is described at my website - which includes a shellscript replacement for sendmail, then you'd see just what procmail is handing off to the sendmail prog, along with invocation arguments.

I presume by the vague "message being sent" reference that you mean that procmail is verbosely logging that it matched each of the points of criteria and that it invoked formail and then sendmail (which would seem like it logged a lot more than the message was _sent_)? or do you mean that procmail is only logging that you _received_ the message, in which case, you need to ask yourself why it didn't verbosely log each of the conditions of the autoresponder recipe...

Please keep in mind that absolutely nobody here knows what your test message contained or whether it met the criterial of the recipe.

The last time I tried to read someones mind, I saw some disturbing images, so I don't use that special power anymore.

I am still getting familiar with Sendmail. Can you suggest a way for me
to turn the level of logging up? Or is it always on verbose?

'man sendmail' or check the "bat book". Perhaps you should verify what it is that procmail is doing with the message first -- a proper sandbox setup should do that.