Re: Mail Forwarding?

2003-06-08 18:22:38
On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 10:36:33 +1000 mpierce
<mrpierce(_at_)optusnet(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> wrote:

m> OS: Libranet 2.8 (Debian 3 - sarge)
m> exim-tls 3.35-3
m> spamassassin 2.55-2
m> procmail 3.22-7
m> fetchmail 6.2.1-1
m> razor-agents-sdk-2.03
m> razor-agents-2.22
m> dcc-dccproc-1.1.36
m> evolution 1.2.3-2
m>
m> I have a simple server with two NICS, eth0 202.44.168.xxx and eth1 lan
m> (192.168.1.1) to which my notebook (192.168.1.252) and another machine
m> (192.168.1.253) are connected.
m>
m> The server has been configured to do:
m> fetchmail --> procmail --> spamassassin (using razor & dcc rules) into
m> mail boxes (maildir format)
m>
m> Exim is not shown in the loop as I only use it to send the mail  out
m> using its smarthost feature as procmail is doing the final delivery.
m>
m> I have set this up due to the fact that I collect mail from 4 boxes and
m> the amount of spam I was getting had become overwhelming. After much
m> trial and error, I now have everything working correctly. I now get no
m> spam and have been monitoring it for over a 2-months without a single
m> false positive.
m>
m> Now, I want to go to the next step and have the server collect all the
m> mail and forward a copy of the mail received to the notebook.
m>
m> /etc/etc/hosts has the notebook & other computer listed as
m>         #Other hosts on Lan
m>         192.168.1.252   dellbook        db1     #notebook on lan
m>         192.168.1.253   xircom          db2     #other computer on lan
m>
m>
m> Q. Can procmail be setup to send a copy of all mail to me notebook,
m> mpierce(_at_)192(_dot_)168(_dot_)1(_dot_)252 and how do I write this rule?
m>
m> Thanks,
m> Marvin
m>
m>

What MUA are you using on the laptop? Rather than duplicating the mails on
two machines I would suggest just adding Courier-IMAP to your current mail
server and using an IMAP capable client to read your mail from the laptop
wherever you may be.

I use this setup and use Sylpheed when on the home machine and the Win32
version of Mahogany when at work. I will probably set up Mahogany on my
laptop for travelling but I also have Squirrelmail set up on the server
should I have access to nothing but a browser.

When I get another home machine set up running testing (server is running
stable) I will most likely install Mahogany there and use it as my primary
reader machine to have a similar interface across platforms. I couldn't get
the Win32 version of Sylpheed to install clean on the work machine.

Courier-IMAP uses maildir format so you should be able to incorporate it
easily.

Gerald V. Livingston II

Configure your Email to send TEXT ONLY -- See the following page:
http://expita.com/nomime.html

'74 Kombi (to be renamed - LifeSaver doesn't 'feel' right)
'69 Type 1 - AirBall the Rolling Basket Case
http://www.phorce1.com
http://www.buskatiers.org