Re: Exceeding LINEBUF with dccproc

2003-06-08 18:38:07
What version of procmail are you running anyway?  That rather significant
tidbit seems to have been omitted from your post.
procmail v3.22 2001/09/10

There's discussion of a heap overflow in 3.15.x on securityfocus:
Doesn't seem like the problem.

If the LINEBUF limit does not apply directly to the mail itself, then what
specifically triggers an overflow?
Typically, a very large regexp.  Yes, your rcfile doesn't seem to include
anything like that.
A websearch for "Exceeded_LINEBUF" would net you a number of hits about the
topic, largely right from one of the several web archives of this list.
Hehe, trust me I searched quite a bit before coming here.  The reason I'm
confused is that the dccproc manpage practically gives you the script I'm using
and I assume it ought to work well with procmail.  I have no idea what is
exceeding the LINEBUF, though, that's part of my problem.

If you examine his script, you'll note that he's has only a basic log, but
VERBOSE is not enabled.  Since the rcfile is so short, the volume of mail
easily eclipses the logfile size (unlike say, setting VERBOSE on an rcfile
which performs a lot of spam checks for instance), but one should
periodically check and purge it nonetheless.
Should I try logging verbosely?

Thanks,
=Dave=