Re: Exceeding LINEBUF with dccproc

2003-06-08 19:09:48
At 18:29 2003-06-08 -0700, David G. Colburn did say:
> What version of procmail are you running anyway?  That rather significant
> tidbit seems to have been omitted from your post.
procmail v3.22 2001/09/10

> There's discussion of a heap overflow in 3.15.x on securityfocus:
Doesn't seem like the problem.

Obviously, at this point, if you're running 3.22, since the bug reported is relative to 3.15.x

Did you compile it yourself from sources, or is it from a package for your OS distribution (or even perhaps part of the OS install)? If it's a precompiled package binary, you may be encountering a library issue, and if you compile from sources, it might be resolved.

Should I try logging verbosely?

That's always the first line of diagnosis of a problem - enable comprehensive logging and examine the log for oddities. Better is taking the messages which are causing problems (which are in your mailqueue, though you might have to do some editing to tweak the copied mailq file to reproduce a message to pipe into procmail, depending upon how your MTA queues) and redirect them into the procmail script running in a sandbox configuration (with VERBOSE=ON).