Re: Exceeding LINEBUF with dccproc

2003-06-06 18:07:13
At 12:09 2003-06-06 -0700, David G. Colburn wrote:

PATH           =       /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:
MAILDIR         =       /usr/home/mail/USERDIR/Maildir
DEFAULT         =       $MAILDIR/
LOGFILE         =       /usr/home/mail/USERDIR/log
LOCKFILE        =       /usr/home/mail/USERDIR/lock

BTW, if you use $LOGNAME, you can avoid harcoding usernames in the rcfile.

Unfortunately, though, I get several message built up in the queue after a
period of time with the following error:
--- qmail log -----
2003-06-06 12:34:54.393122500 delivery 41273: deferral:
procmail:_Exceeded_LINEBUF/

And the content of these messages was what?

I've tried using a higher value of LINEBUF by setting the variable in the
.procmailrc, but I'd rather avoid situations where I'm increasing the
recommended buffer, and I don't really think most of these e-mails exceed the
buffer (unless I'm crazy, they don't look that big).

You don't indicate if doing this resolved the problem for you or not.

The default LINEBUF setting is nothing more than a default, based on "reasonable" emails. Sometimes, you really do need to change the defaults - they're changeable for a reason.