Re: Procmail and cPanel

2003-06-19 07:55:13
As you can see, the admin (Shurik) said this:

 "Ok, remove then the "forward" file. It seems Exim (our mail
  server) doesn't support "forward". It has a special file where I
  can point all your mail to some script. I've just copied your
  .procmail back to the /home/artro and set your "default' mailbox
  to send emails to /usr/sbin/procmail."

By .procmail, I assume he meant .procmailrc ?

By "/home/artro" I wonder if they just mean "/". (i.e. artro's home directory)

So it seems that cPanel users need to ask their admin to direct
their messages through procmail.

Unfortunately, it doesn't say exactly what he did on the admin side of things. In my case, I don't think the admins know how. Unless I can tell them EXACTLY what to do, they are clueless. (I don't think this is an uncommon problem, either.)

Here is the thread on the cpanel site if anyone wants to see it. As you can see, several people CLAIM to have it working (without admin intervention it seems), but so far it's not repeatable--at least not by me.

http://forums.cpanel.net/ showthread.php?s=&threadid=8872&perpage=15&pagenumber=1