Re: Procmail and cPanel

2003-06-19 08:21:32
On 18 Jun 2003 Tom Ainscough (tom(_at_)ainscough(_dot_)com) wrote:
There are LOTS of people in shared hosting situations whose hosts are
using cPanel. Has anyone on the list gotten Procmail working with a
cPanel server (which I believe uses Exim for mail delivery)? Are there
any tutorials or instructions available that you could point me to?

I'm maintaining a list of IMAP Service Providers here

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/imap/isps/>

and when I investigate a provider I always try to figure out if
they let their users use procmail. So far, the only mention of
procmail on a cPanel hosting provider's site is this:

 <http://forum.hostony.com/viewtopic.php?t=376>

As you can see, the admin (Shurik) said this:

 "Ok, remove then the "forward" file. It seems Exim (our mail
  server) doesn't support "forward". It has a special file where I
  can point all your mail to some script. I've just copied your
  .procmail back to the /home/artro and set your "default' mailbox
  to send emails to /usr/sbin/procmail."

So it seems that cPanel users need to ask their admin to direct
their messages through procmail.

Please let us know what you find out about this so I can put info
about this on my page.

Thannks,
Nancy

--
Nancy McGough            <http://www.ii.com>            Infinite Ink
Writing about procmail, imap, pine, spam-deflexion strategies & more