Re: Procmail and cPanel

2003-06-20 06:14:11
On 19 Jun 2003 Tom Ainscough (tom(_at_)ainscough(_dot_)com) wrote:
As you can see, the admin (Shurik) said this:

 "Ok, remove then the "forward" file. It seems Exim (our mail
  server) doesn't support "forward". It has a special file where I
  can point all your mail to some script. I've just copied your
  .procmail back to the /home/artro and set your "default' mailbox
  to send emails to /usr/sbin/procmail."

Unfortunately, it doesn't say exactly what he did on the admin side of
things. In my case, I don't think the admins know how. Unless I can
tell them EXACTLY what to do, they are clueless. (I don't think this is
an uncommon problem, either.)

How about if you email the admin (Shurik) at hostony.com and ask
him what he did? Another option would be to post in the exim
discussion group and see if anyone there can help.

Here is the thread on the cpanel site if anyone wants to see it. As you
can see, several people CLAIM to have it working (without admin
intervention it seems), but so far it's not repeatable--at least not by
me.

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8872&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I'm curious to check out these forums, but I don't want to
register. Does anyone know of a generic user name and password
that works at a lot of places?! It would be cool if there were
something like that... here's my proposal:

 username: raboof
 password: foobar

Or maybe something like this already exists -- any privacy nuts
know?!

Thanks,
Nancy
 privacy nut

--
Nancy McGough            <http://www.ii.com>            Infinite Ink
Writing about procmail, imap, pine, spam-deflexion strategies & more